Why is it that the holidays are the busiest time of the year? I've had good intentions to post for two weeks now, but time has not allowed for it. I spent the week of Thanksgiving in Idaho, the first few days at my parents and the rest of the week with Fisher's family. Fisher's family goes to Grandpa Lake's house EVERY year for Thanksgiving and this year was no different, except that Grandma Lake wasn't with us this year. We missed her and were often commenting on what she would be doing if she were there. It was interesting to watch Grandpa without her. They had been married for more than 70 years and he misses her greatly but this year was the first that Grandpa got to cook the stuffing in the Turkey - the way he wanted it. Grandpa also told a few stories that I never would have heard when Grandma was alive...they were pretty entertaining. Curly and Lou loved playing with their cousins. Curly and her peer cousins set up a "hair shop" and insisted on fixing everyone's hair. Curly kept saying "You look stylish!" Why, thank you. Fisher enjoyed Christmas tree hunting with his dad and siblings and I enjoyed seeing family and a change from the normal routine.
A few pictures:

Curly and her cousins at their last day of ballet

Lou wouldn't have anything to do with her dinner after seeing my sis's boyfriend deliver tapioca cups covered in whip cream (she had her wisdom teeth removed). Grandma finally gave into her pleas. yummy

Lou with her great grandpa Lake

Looking Stylish

Making gingerbread cookies
AND Fisher is officially almost done with his last semester of classwork. He defended his thesis yesterday and passed with flying colors! The end is in sight.
This weekend we have my niece Letty staying with us and my mom watching her while her parents are on a trip. Curly and Letty have had lots of fun today making gingerbread houses with Grandma C and basically leaving a path of destruction wherever they go.
And the Grand Finale

Apparently not a fan of green pie
6 comments:
I LOVE that last picture! It sounds like you have a pretty good excuse for not posting in a while. :)
Your Christmas card at the top is fantastic! And I'm loving Curly's grouchy face with the pie. She's so funny! Preschool really has been fun. I still think Jon and Lou have more energy during class than all of the other kids combined. What are we going to do with our crazy toddlers? :)
Your family is cute as always. I am looking forward to seeing you during the holidays!
I took that picture of you and Curly with the gingerbread people. Oh, I feel soooo special! Thanks Lainey!
Congrats on the thesis!!!! That's a huge accomplishment. Love the Christmas pics. Have a wonderful Christmas!
I laugh every time I view the green pie picture
Post a Comment