Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lou is Two!

This week our sweet Lou turned two! After another busy week of traveling to Idaho for a family reunion, we celebrated her birthday by attending Free Family Day at the "This is the Place Park." She and Curly both rode a horse. I was surprised at how calmly Lou approached this, considering that she cries out in terror when anything small and furry comes within twenty feet of her (specifically dogs and cats). She rode that pony like a regular cow girl. Yee-Haw!

Not sure what she thinks about our singing :)
We also had a family party. Lou loved to respond to her birthday wishes with, "Happy Birthday Lou!" We have a "birthday hat" that looks like a cake. I haven't managed to put it away yet and as soon as Lou spots it she exclaims, "Happy Birthday Lou!" and happily puts it on her head. Mimicry seems to be her favorite sport these days and I am continually impressed with the sentences she is producing. It helps to have a big sister that fervently chatters all day. Lou also graduated out of the crib and onto the floor this week - we didn't want the little acrobat to fall and break her arm.

Our final party of the week was an annual traditional hot dog roast in Millcreek Canyon. We combined the roast with a July birthday party for Curly, Lou and two cousins who also have July birthdays. It was an enjoyable afternoon. I love being in the mountains and trees.
And lest you think all we do is party.... (though we have been doing a lot of that) This is our packing room - We have packed about a third of our possessions (I think) - mostly in the past three days.

3 comments:

JillEE said...

I can't believe she is already 2 years old. Crazy

When do you guys officially move? It looks like you're getting a good head start on packing.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Happy Birthday Lou!

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday to Lou, way Too cute.
Hey Quirk I started a blog@ fourhappyspencers.blogspot.com
Love, Blossom