Hello blog world! I have lost my energy for unpacking and feel like losing myself in the world of blogs for a few minute. I thought while I was here, I may as well give an update. I know you are all dieing to know how I like Phoenix - or "the valley" as Arizonians euphemistically refer to it.
There are quite a few things I really like - I really like our house (even with it's quirky shelf-deficient cupboards), we lucked out with a great neighborhood with lots of little girls, we also happened to end up in a great and very friendly ward and have already been issued callings (they didn't waste any time), our location is great (close to a pool, the school, a library, lots of shopping :), a playground), Curly loves her preschool class and the routine in her life has decreased the deplorable tantruming that developed this summer (though there is still room for improvement).
The list of things I don't like is much shorter - I miss our families :( and I don't like the heat - fortunately we are past the hottest part of summer and it only gets to 105 on really hot days - I am dreading the receipt of our first utility bill - but oh how we love the air conditioner. I also don't appreciate Lou waking up before the crack of dawn and imploring Curly to join her for a visit to see if mom and dad are awake (we have taken to locking our door hoping it will encourage them to sleep until a more decent time - I could settle for 6 am).
Before closing - I must once again thank our families for the generous help we received. We had so much help loading our truck and our amazing dad's packed it to the brim...too bad we didn't have two more feet of space... Amazingly we also had plenty of help unloading the truck (thanks to a friend who tipped off our Elder's quorum), it was unloaded before I arrived (we were delayed by Curly's episodes of car sickness). We feel very blessed and very grateful! We have seen many tender mercies in our lives the past few weeks. Okay - here come the tears, I better go.
Check back in for pictures in the future. Until then - enjoy the pleasant fall weather!
5 comments:
Yay! Glad to hear that you're getting settled. I'm a little jealous of all those good things you listed. We miss you! Next you need to make a video tour of the house (I'm sure you're already totally unpacked...) and post it on your blog. Can't wait to hear more!
I miss you so much! Thanks for posting on my blog. Maybe you heard me sneeze or something and didn't even know it was me. Wow! :) glad to hear that your moving in and getting situated. Tell everyone hello for me. Love ya lots!
Sending you a big hug. Hurray for blogs!
I'm glad things are going well for you. We just moved as well and I totally hear you on the boxes thing. I just unpacked the last one yesterday and don't care to see another box for a long time. Good luck in your home!
Oh The Zona. We're heading down there in November some time to see family. We just might stop by for a nice ice cold drink :-)
Post a Comment