It has been a very busy week, but all of the busyness has been overshadowed by thoughts of a friend who is far away. A woman from our old ward in Utah passed away this week. She was young. She has a young family. She was positive, funny, spunky, and kind to everyone. She had the most beautiful smile. She and her family have been constantly on my mind and in my prayers.
Her amazing husband regularly posted updates on her condition on the internet and it was hard to sit here and read about her suffering and not be able to go help... but it was amazing to me to see the tender mercies that a loving Heavenly Father sent to her and her family through the people around her - family, neighbors, friends. There has been and continues to an incredible and miraculous outpouring of love and support.
Everyone knew her time was short and when I read the news that she had passed away, I felt grateful that her pain was gone, that she was surrounded by her family, and most especially that she knew of our Savior's atonement that makes it possible for her to be with her family in the eternities. I am grateful for the power of prayer and for the gift of the Holy Ghost that can bring peace and comfort. I know that peace and comfort will sustain her family in the days, weeks, and years ahead. I know that we will see Terrilyn again.
3 comments:
She was so nice. I only met her a few times, but I am thankful I did and for the great example she was. I admired her optimism and sense of humor. Thanks for your testimony. It is great to know that she is at peace and we will see her again.
Rachel's been posting about her off and on. I hate stories like that. They scare me. I want to live to at least raise my kids and it makes me so sad to hear about mom's that don't get to do that. God's in charge and He's watching over her family, but it must be so hard for them. May He comfort them and you too.
WHAT? How on earth did I miss this? Thank you for filling me in. My prayers to that family!!!
Post a Comment