But let's rewind for a minute to what has been happening. My grandpa George Lovell passed away a week and a half ago. His family breathed a sigh of relief that he was free from a crippled body that had not allowed him to speak for almost 10 years and more recently has prohibited him from moving freely.
I am grateful that I was still able to travel and could fly home for the funeral. I am also grateful the Fisher encouraged me to go, while he stayed home and for friends who very graciously watched the girls while I was gone and Fisher was working. All of my siblings were able to be there and it was a unique and fun experience to drive from the Salt Lake airport to Idaho in a car with my siblings from Provo, Boston, and New Jersey. I don't remember the last time we were all in a car together (especially without kids to distract us). The visit was short but very sweet, with most of the time revolving around the viewing, funeral and the preparations for them. Funerals often are family reunions and I saw many cousins, aunts, and uncles that I haven't seen for several years. The cousins sang the closing song of the funeral... there are 48 of us in all, and at least 35 were there. It was a touching experience for me and I could imagine my Grandpa and Grandma sitting on the front row, holding hands, and smiling as they listened to their posterity sing.
Rewind two weeks ago to my cousin's wedding in Henderson, NV. We met up with my parents there and enjoyed seeing them and my cousin's family. It was a new experience for Curly and Lou to attend a reception with a dance. And I have to admit that it was the most "hoppin" reception dance I have ever been to. Curly couldn't get enough! She kept joining the dance circle and taking her turn showing off her moves. Lou thought dancing was fun, until the group formed a circle around her and started cheering, then she folded her arms across her chest and stomped off the dance floor with her nose in the air. I wish I had caught it on camera.
2 comments:
Good luck getting things ready for the new baby! It was fun having your brother there at our get together, we had a new audience for all our funny stories and I really haven't had the chance to talk to him before. He probably thought we were really weird...
You look way good for being +8 months pregnant!!! The wedding looks like it was a fun one. I would love to see more pictures, the black cake caught my interest. The girls looked like they were having the time of their life. I thought it would be nice to get together with family without kids too. We love them, but breaks are nice.
Post a Comment