January has been a lovely month. To Curly's delight, the leaves finally fell off the trees and there was enough to make piles for playing. Fisher blew all the leaves into a corner of the yard and the girls have spent several happy afternoons out there.
We were lucky to be able to celebrate Oma's birthday while they were here. The girls made sure that we did in true Lake family tradition with the "birthday hat" and a treasure hunt for her gift.
We enjoyed the relaxing weekend visit before returning to the business of normal life. Fisher is studying hard for his specialty boards in a few weeks. I have picked up a few shifts at the hospital while he is home studying. Lou thinks this is great...dad doesn't care how much makeup she wears :)
We had a nice weekend visit from Oma and Grandpa last weekend. It was beautiful weather, so we enjoyed walks and playing at the park. We went to dinner at a Korean BBQ one night and we all tried something new (even the girls)! Fisher and his dad were bold enough to try the octopus and the kimchi soup. The octopus felt like a chunk of bouncy ball in your mouth and Fisher was tired of chewing before he was full. Aside from the texture, most of what we tried was actually quite good.
Fisher and his dad fixed our broken (for a year) doorbell. Now we have a doorbell that sounds like a church bell tower. I feel like we live in mansion and the girls love to sneak out and ring it... I am not sure that fixing the doorbell was such a great idea :)
We were lucky to be able to celebrate Oma's birthday while they were here. The girls made sure that we did in true Lake family tradition with the "birthday hat" and a treasure hunt for her gift.
We enjoyed the relaxing weekend visit before returning to the business of normal life. Fisher is studying hard for his specialty boards in a few weeks. I have picked up a few shifts at the hospital while he is home studying. Lou thinks this is great...dad doesn't care how much makeup she wears :)
Berry couldn't be more thrilled that dad lets her play in the mud!
My friends and I were the planners of our cooking club's German dinner last week. It all turned out quite delicious and I enjoyed an evening out with the wonderful ladies in our group!


1 comment:
I'm glad the dinner turned out nice, I was wondering. Berry in the mud reminds me of a pic, when her dad was playing in the mud around the same age.
Post a Comment