Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blessed Baby Boy

So much has happened in our family in the past month - birthdays, reunions, blessings, births, coming and goings. It's hard to to cover it all, yet thinking about all the wonderful experiences reminds me of how blessed we are.

At the beginning of July we loaded up and made the drive to Utah for a Lake family reunion. It was very convenient that all the Lakes were gathered and some of Lainey's family too as we gave our new baby boy a blessing. Having all the family together and in their Sunday best is rare, so it was a great opportunity for family pictures as well. We had birthday cake in honor of Curly's seventh birthday. (pics to follow in her b-day post)
Sweet Sleepy Baby

Four Generations of Lakes
Great Grandma Betty
All the Lake Grandchildren
The "sixlets"
Oma
Our happy, growing family
Grandma C and Grandpa Duck
Fisher's parents
Lainey's parents
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jen said...

We had so much fun playing with all of you while you were here! By the way, I made the Kneaders french toast, it turned out really good.

The Lovells said...

that looks like a great time. What a little cuttie!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

I love blessing days surrounded by friends and family. What a happy time! He's a perfect little boy, Lainey! I'm sure your girls are thrilled to have a brother.

PS) How are you adjusting to life with 4 kids? I should call you for advice sometime. My little one is just 3 weeks, and I'm worn out with 4. :)