We had a few fun outings in September and one spontaneous trip. On Labor Day we stopped at Fisher's work and played on the giant bungees then I took the girls to the Science Center.
We went on our annual ward camp out to Wolf Creek. Spud loved it - dirt every where!
Finally the weather started to hint at becoming pleasant again and the kids could play outside. Fisher built this tree swing last spring and it is being put to good use again. These two little munchkins are a dynamic duo. Keep a close eye on them!
Mid September, I took a very last minute trip to Idaho. Several factors contributed to the trip. A few weeks earlier, dad had suddenly become ill and finally was diagnosed with Stage 5 renal failure. The diagnosis came just days after we had been visiting and with school starting and other responsibilities it was not practical to go back and see him. We knew we would be back in October for my sisters wedding so we hoped to see him then. Then, after lots of prayer and contemplation, Paisley realized that she could not marry her fiance and best friend of four years. It was heart breaking and when I heard the news, I knew that I needed to go see her and my dad. Within an hour all the arrangements were made and within 12 hours, I was on my way to Idaho with Spud, Berry and my friend Miiko thankfully coming along to help drive and to visit her son in Idaho. I would not have been able to make the trip without Fisher's help and encouragement and the help of Shar and other good friends who took care of Curly and Lou.
We drove 15 hours in one day, stopping in SLC for dinner with Fisher's parents. The short visit was wonderful. It was sad to see dad so sick and Paisley so sad but I am so glad that we could be there to try to spread a little cheer and comfort. It also so happened that my good friend Jill was visiting her family and I was able to see her (we hadn't seen each other for a few years).
K-Rae and Jeniel came up from Utah to spend time with us also. We spent the time talking, listening, going for walks, eating yummy food and crying a little too. Miiko cheered every one with her great attitude and some stellar hair color jobs. I feel so blessed that I was able to go and grateful for my good family.





No comments:
Post a Comment