Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Blessed!


I am in Rexburg this weekend for the dedication of the Rexburg Temple. It has been a very special weekend for me. I was able to attend the "Celebration" that is performed the night before the dedication. Most of the participants are young adults, teenagers, and children. The performance included music, dancing, and narrative about the history of this area. Learning more about all the trials and work that made settling this area possible made me appreciate Idaho even more. I loved growing up here, but now I feel even more blessed for that opportunity. Not only was the celebration educational for me it was also amazing! I was so impressed with the talents of all the people who performed. My sister sang in the choir and they sounded beautiful!

Today I attended the first dedicatory session of the temple. President Thomas S. Monson dedicated the temple. He said it was his first official act as the newly sustained president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. Before dedicating the temple, he sealed the cornerstone of the temple as is tradition. He was so funny. What a sense of humor! I just wanted to share my thoughts about this wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How neat! Do you guys think you will end up going back to Rexburg? I would love to have a temple within AN HOUR away from us!