Thursday, March 6, 2008

Frustrated!

I haven't been doing as much blogging as I would like because by the end of the day, when I finally have a few minutes to actually do something I would like to do (not that I don't like being with my kids all day), I am too exhausted to do much of anything...

This is mostly due to our spirited red-head Curly who has recently begun the practice of bullying her sister for no reason - biting, hitting, hair pulling, eye-poking... she doesn't need to be upset about something, she'll just do it whenever! That along with bedtime battles (mentioned previously), potty training, tantrums, and the fact that she is two years old are a bad combination. It doesn't help that 8 month old Lou is still waking up at least once each night and currently has a terrible diaper rash making her cranky (which is unusual for her).

I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining, I accept that these challenges are the side effects of being a parent (and I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything). Mostly I am just venting and wondering if anyone has some stellar advice for me.

5 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

If it makes you feel any better, C is always doing that to E for no apparent reason other than he gets attention for it and E responds beautifully by throwing a fit. Also, E woke up at least four times a night until she was 2, so I am afraid I have some sympathy for you, but not too much, on that subject. Maybe it was my own fault, but I really did try everything. It's not like I enjoyed being a cranky tyrant for two years. I LOVE the shirts you gave me, by the way. I think you were inspired. They fit perfect and it is so nice to have something different to wear. Thank you.

Chantri said...

Hey Elaine! Some days I feel the exact same way! Logan has a little feisty bone as well and if I don't watch him like a hawk he always seems to pick at Boston for no reason at all. Two years old...so much fun! But I did want to tell you an awesome recipe for diaper rash cream that a pharmacist gave to me. When Logan was little he would get the sorest rashes that would bleed and look like they were almost blisters on his little hiney. I bought every kind of diaper rash cream on the market and they always seemed to not help at all or make it worse. This was a miracle...no joke! The first sign of "red" on his little cheeks I would slather it on and the next diaper change it was clear. And it absorbs into their skin so your not pealing chunks off their bums! :)

Diaper Rash Cream Recipe:
½ Balmex
½ Bag Balm
¼ Clotrimazole Cream USP 1% (Athlete’s Foot Cream)
¼ Hydrocortisone Ointment 1% (Anti-Itch)

Directions: Get a small mason jar or some other jar/container with a screw/snap on lid. You can make as much as you would like. You just need to use the same portion of Balmex & Bag Balm and then half that amount when using the Clotrimazole Cream & Hydrocortisone Ointment. Mix it all together, put a generous layer on your baby’s little bum and you have a happy baby in no time!

Sorry such a long post…I hope everything looks up soon. I am glad there are others who need to vent sometimes too! :)Makes me feel normal. Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of parenthood. Ellis is a sack of potatoes and pretty much just sits there. She has a big toothless smile which I love, but all-in-all there is no teasing as there is no sibling to tease. Keep up the good work mom. Enjoy the ride.

Eli, Steph, and Ellis

Tanya said...

no advice...just sympathy...i totally understand where you are coming from. actually i just thought of some advice...wait awhile for baby #3 :o)

Anonymous said...

No advice, just sympathy!! I am trying to gear myself up for handling two without a full night's rest...I am not sure if I will make it!! But you're right when your kid says, "Mommy you're my hero."..well then you know you will keep pluggin along!!