Sunday, April 13, 2008

Let's Pack it all in...


Isn't it funny how you wait until you have a deadline to do the things you have been wanting and needing to do for several months (or maybe several years). Our eminent vacating in two weeks has made us really busy - arranging housing and travel plans, cleaning house, finishing projects that have needed finishing, having playdates and get togethers with friends that we have been wanting to see... Lots of work and play has been going on around here.

Yesterday we visited Fisher's siblings and their spouses in Logan (something we have been meaning to do all year). It was a lot of fun. We played frisbee golf, took a tour of the USU campus (including the library with it's really cool B.A.R.N.), had a picnic and fed the ducks, got Aggie ice cream, made pizza, rode a motor scooter...

Can you tell that I feel really cool and tough?



Curly's our little dare-devil. She especially loved the motor scooter! Thanks Uncle Ry!







And another funny thing... I don't like sleeping on the floor. I would jump at the chance to go to bed early and sleep past 6:30... Curly on the other hand has insisted on sleeping on her floor the past few nights. She always fights bedtime and we're lucky if she sleeps past 6:30 in the morning these days. I am sure I did crazy things like that when I was a kid... it's too bad we don't have kid bodies and energy when we get old.

PS - Thanks to all for the input, tips, and help we have received about temporarily living in Washington DC!

5 comments:

sarahbellac said...

Hey that is so fun!!!!! Sounds like a great adventure and I'm glad you decided to come along...you'll always remember that summer, I'm sure.
How are you guys?
Hugs,
Sarah

Heidi said...

That is cute that your little girl likes to sleep on the floor, I too wish we had energy like them. I hope all goes well with the move to D.C. !!!

Dave and Miranda said...

The cookies tasted just like great harvest. I need the recipe!

Tanya said...

sounds like you guys are busy! moving is always bad! i bet you will just love it when you get there! good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. What a funny little girl. I can't wait to have the two of them play sometime. You guys always have so much fun! How do you find the time to do such fun stuff? :)