Saturday, August 16, 2008

Can't Get Enough...

We are having a marathon month of play... what's new? I guess it has been a marathon summer, so why stop now? This past week was the official family reunion week. The first half spent at Lake Powell with my family and the second half spent in Rigby, Idaho with Fisher's family.

I started going to Lake Powell when I was six and while I was young it was tradition to go with my mom's family every year. Even though we were three years apart, my cousin Nicole and I were inseparable and everyday was spent making elaborate sand villages, swimming, boating, hiking, and generally being silly and carefree. I have so many fun memories that make Lake Powell one of my favorite places in the world. That nostalgia made seeing Curly and her cousin Letty play together at Lake Powell more enjoyable. Curly and Letty fearlessly swam around like fishes. It was a battle to get them to take a break to rest or eat. Lou was equally fond of the water and would charge in at a fast crawl until she was sputtering and coughing.


Here's Jeniel and Shar ready for a wild ride with the girls



We drove to Lake Powell on the date of our six year anniversary, I guess Fisher didn't feel that our anniversary date a few weeks ago was adequate because he gave me a present. I grabbed my cup to get a refreshing drink and found a small fish floating belly-up. Apparently the fish had been alive when Fisher caught him for me... what a thoughtful romantic I married.





You know how much we love crazy travel plans... We left Lake Powell Wednesday night, stopped at home to wash clothes and pack and then left early Thursday morning to meet the Lakes in Idaho. We enjoyed a well-planned reunion. Activities included swimming at Ribgy Lake (actually very little swimming as it was very cold) and a day at LLL Ranch where we golfed, zip lined, water-slid, and crafted. Oma and Fisher's sister-in-law Stacie planned an "unbirthday party" for the grand kids. A treasure hunt for several small gifts and making crowns were the highlights of the memorable party.


The grand finale event of the reunion was family pictures taken Saturday morning at BYU-Idaho. Who knew portraiture could be so entertaining. It's amazing to see the antics people will produce to elicit a smile. During the grandparent with grandchildren picture, Lou was attacked by her same-aged male cousin who pulled her hair- ribbon out and poked her cheeks (they are irresistible). It was hilarious!

3 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

Fun pictures Elaine. Can't wait for the ranch.

Meg said...

WOW!! After seeing the picture with the kids at the ranch it brought back a TON of memories!! We had some good times at that ranch! I can't believe how much your little girl looks like you!

LAINA said...

Looks like a ton of fun. A crazy summer for your family.