Monday, August 4, 2008
Go West
Change of plans! We received a phone call from Fisher's dad on Thursday informing us that Grandma Lake has passed away. After discussion, we made the decision to go home for the funeral. By 4:00 the next day, we had packed up all of our things, given away our extra food, returned the library books, sold our extra toys and furniture, said goodbye to friends, cleaned the house, wrapped up things at the summer internship and we were in the car headed home. Whew! The rush of leaving was matched by our rush to get home which involved driving 34 hours in 48 hours with only 4 hours of solid sleep and random cat naps when possible. Thanks to Alli and Andy who let us crash at their house for a few hours at 4 a.m. We arrived in Idaho yesterday afternoon and were able to attend Grandma Lake's viewing last night and her funeral today. We feel it very fortuitous that everything worked out so well for us to leave and be here for her funeral.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't belive you guys had to rush so fast to come back early. I know it must have meant a lot to Fisher's dad that you were at Grandma Lake's funeral. When you have a minute, send us a reponse to Traci's email regarding Joy School. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
I'm so glad you are back and that you had such a good experience in DC and that everything worked out so well for you. I hope recovering from your move home isn't too difficult. What a trip! I'm sorry about Grandma Lake.
It was fun to see you at Brighton last night! Good luck with everything!-Ribbit
Wow. Remind me to call you guys next time I need to get something done in a hurry. I'm glad you made it back safely - though I'm hoping for more video of your children screaming in the back seat.
Oh Rexburg, how I love thee!
Post a Comment