Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happily Ever After...

You might think I haven't posted because after our action packed summer, our lives appear comparatively mundane. Quite on the contrary, the action never ends. We have been busily unpacking, re-organizing, and getting into our old groove. It is great to be home! Before making our final exodus back to Salt Lake (at least for a few weeks : ) I attended my friend Ashleigh's wedding. Hers was the finale of weddings among my closest high school friends. I was very happy to be there! Just for fun, here's a picture of some of our gang at Commencement dance Senior year. Ashleigh's on the left.

The night before Ash's wedding Jill, Margie, Ash, and I had a Girl's night. It was wonderful to be with friends I've known since elementary school. I think it is amazing that we have stayed in contact since we graduated eight years ago. Here's a picture from our GNO - Ashleigh, Jill, Margie, and I. (Margie isn't pictured above)
Curly loved the wedding reception, especially the beautiful dresses. Lou loved the food and swiped this little tart off her sister's plate while my back was turned.

Ashleigh is great and of course married an equally great guy! I approve!

Cute Ash!



Now that we are finally back in the mountains, we are trying to make up for the missed hiking opportunities this summer. We had a picnic and short hike in Millcreek a few weeks ago. Apparently, not everyone was in the hiking mood which is why both girls are being carried.


Labor Day weekend we had the annual Woodbury Family Reunion. Typically we convene at the LLL Ranch, but this year we had it in Salt Lake so that my grandparents (and the reason we have a wonderful Woodbury family) would be more comfortable. Events included hiking to and touring Timpanogas Cave (Curly hiked all the way up!), a picnic afterward, various activities at Thanksgiving point and our traditional Birthday dinner (Grandpa's treat) at Harvest restaurant. Sunday was more laid back - church, a short program, dinner, and games. The Woodbury family loves games! We played card games, strategy games, Wii games, children's games, we love games! Unfortunately, I was a camera bum and have no pictures to post! Fortunately, Fisher was uncharacteristically camera happy on his way up the mountain and snapped this cute picture.


6 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah for Ash! I actually saw her this weekend at my brothers wedding. She is so cute. I LOVE the picture of your family hiking. What a great pic! Sounds like you had a great time.

Windybrook Spinner said...

I was a camera bum too, though I did get a few shots of the kids playing Wii. Just FYI--we are all sick now. I'm so sorry. It seems like you can't have a family reunion without getting sick before, after, or during! I hope no else gets it, but I thought I'd warn you. Blah. The reunion was wonderful, though. Thanks for all your hard work!

Meg said...

YOu girls all look so cute! It's always so fun to get together with good old high school buddies! The family photo is priceless.

Kelly said...

your family picture hiking is SO CUTE!! Its fun to see pictures of Ashleigh after all these years. congrats to her!

Rachel said...

I LOVE that picture of your family. You should frame it, it is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I swear you guys should try doing commercials-you're all so photogenic!!