Friday, October 17, 2008

Washington Weekend

If you haven't figured it out yet, we really love road trips and decided it was time for another one. (We actually really love our family and decided the 10 hour drive was worth it). We headed up to Tri-Cities, Washington to visit Fisher's brother and his family. C and S were wonderful hosts. They planned a couple fun activities, but not so many that the trip was stressful. We kicked back and let the kids play. We drove to a nearby cemetery and fed the swans in the pond.


We attempted to visit the local pumpkin patch but thought it strange that a pricey admission was required to visit the patch. Instead the kids played with the sprinkling of pumpkins left outside the patch for just that purpose maybe?
Lou loved the round, orange balls. A perfect little chair.

Too heavy!All four cousins

S and I enjoyed working on a couple crafts together. We modified this cute "Boo" blocks idea from Tanya's blog.
I love fall decor!

Fisher enjoyed having a break from school without too much homework. He played with the kids a lot, watched movies, and played games. This weekend he is on a fishing trip with his Grandpa, dad, and brother. Fisher's first two years of PT school were intense. This year is much lower key, but still busy. He is always so focused on school and the free time he has is spent playing with Curly and Lou or helping me. Even though I gave him a hard time about leaving me alone for the weekend (sniff, sniff), I'm glad that he can go and do something he enjoys for a few days. But, I really miss him! Luckily for me, my parents decided this weekend would be a good time to come visit! My parents, brother's family, sisters and I all met up for dinner tonight. It was fun to catch up with each other.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

love your blocks! looks like such a fun vacation.

Windybrook Spinner said...

I hope you had a nice time yesterday evening. Look how cute Curly's hair is at the pond!

Catherine said...

I knew you were going out of town to see family, but I didn't know you were driving so far! Sounds like it was an awesome trip. Cute pics of Lou drapped over the pumpkin. :)

The Lovells said...

I noticed those cute little blocks at your house and forgot to say something... darling!

Crystal said...

How funny, Dave's cousin got her engagement pictures taken at that very spot at that very pond with those very swans. And I love those blocks!