Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back to the 90s

Remember Tae-Bo? It was the hip new exercise program of the 90s. This week, my sister, Amberlee and I decided to dig out my old Billy Blake's Tae Bo workout and do it...woah! Sweating and hearing Billy's annoying babble took me back to 10 years ago... I was a junior in highschool and had just started practicing for the "Junior Miss Scholarship Competition." My friends were all doing it and I gave in to peer pressure and decided to give it a try. Before you laugh that I was in a "pageant", let me just say that it was an experience that changed my life for the better. I was also involved in Ski club, and spring training for Track and Field. I took piano lessons and taught piano to a few kids in my neighborhood. I spent a lot of time with my best friends - Jill, Ashleigh, Margie, Melanie, Dave, and Edgar and was dating one of them.

Ten years ago Fisher was attending Ricks College, working as an athletic trainer for their sports teams, (We didn't know each other, though we like to think that we might have seen each other running at the field house), living in the dorms :P and waiting for his mission call. He was called to Helsinki Finland with an earlier report date than he requested, so he left the semester early and was on his way.

I wish I had a few digital pictures to post... but just picture me with long, thick, out of control hair, acne, and perfectly straight teeth after two years of braces. Picture Fisher with a meticulous side part and winning smile. Oh, and don't forget those 90s styles. Ah, those were the days...

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the new look of your blog! And I can definitely appreciate the blast from the past in talking about the 90's. Those were some good times, for sure! Wade and I still pull out our Billy Banks work-out from time to time. lol

Kelly said...

Ahh the nineties. I totally remember Tai-Bo! This was such a fun post to read!

Lisa said...

Those were good old days. I still laugh about the Tae Bo. I was awful at it then, and I'm sure I'd be awful at it now!