Saturday, March 21, 2009

Firsts

I have had several firsts the past few weeks. I changed my first bike tire (shocking I know - Fisher always did it), I replaced the DVD drive in my computer (thanks to my brother Nathan for walking me through it), I performed my first fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of the swallow (FEES) at work (see picture) - this involves threading a tiny flexible camera through someones nose and into their throat. Fisher was my first victim, followed by all my sisters and my mom. Another first, I might get ridiculed for this... but I attended my first (and last) BYU basketball game (thanks to Mark and Jeniel). My SIL Shar and her girls stayed with us for the first time. Curly didn't have her regular preschool this week, so we decided to hold preschool with her cousins. It was a very fun first! Fisher has been very busy, so I visited my other SIL Brianna in Logan with my girls by myself for an overnight excursion. And the final first - Today I discovered the first tulip in the garden! I love spring! Lots of first... And here are lots of pictures...
The FEES described above

On our way to the park for a picnic with Shar and her girls, my mom, and sisters.
Curly and cousin Lettie with their home made pizza creations
I love my Curly and Lou!My climber Lou, who will do anything for food... She found the carrots and the ranch dip

Aunt Brianna took us to the Logan Willow Park Zoo, the cheese factory, and swimming. Curly and Lou loved the animals at the zoo. We love Brianna, she always plans fun things! (Notice Curly's sweater that my amazing cousin knit after Curly picked the yarn)


I know how you feel Lou!

9 comments:

Karen's Kronikles said...

OK...so the pic of your first FEES looks gross! haha! But I wanted to see your's and Jen's face as you guide the FEES "into the darkness"! Congrats on doing this! It's great! Karen

Windybrook Spinner said...

Beautiful photo of the tulip. I love that picture of Lou in her crib and I'm so glad Curly likes her sweater so much. We are excited to play tomorrow!

Natalie said...

What a fun bunch of firsts. My favorite picture, though, is of Lou sleeping. So cute!

Lisa said...

That is a lot of firsts. Hey I met your brother last week. Luke is going to be doing the MBA program at BYU in the fall and we met your brother at in information day. That was fun.

Catherine said...

I've never seen a more beautiful picture of Curly than the one of her with Lettie and their pizzas. Wow, her eyes just pop! I missed seeing you today. :( I was really looking forward to it after our week off of preschool. I'll call you later!

elyse michele said...

Too cute! I can't believe how much older Lou looks in these pictures from since I left in January... i don't remember getting older... when did she? sunrise, sunset. Tell the cuties hello for me. Thanks! Love ya!

Rachel said...

Those are some pretty impressive firsts! And lots of 'em!

CL said...

Lou! She makes me smile!

Georges said...

So impressed with your FEES administration- and that you had so many willing volunteers!