This week I experienced something that I have not had since before I was married almost seven years ago. I was alone for a whole week. Fisher and the girls went with his mother to visit his brother in Washington. I had to work, so I stayed behind to pack and work.
It was a very productive week. I had to keep myself really busy so I wouldn't get too lonely - I filled my time with working, packing, cleaning, attending meetings and working in the garden. I filled with my ears with headphones - using my MP3 player - I made it through all of April General Conference, lots of NPR and half of the "The Count of Monte Christo." I did take a day off to go hang out with my sisters. Even with all that time I didn't complete everything I would have liked, but I don't wish for more solo time.
I anticipated the arrival of Fisher and the girls all day yesterday; not realizing how much I missed them until sweet Curly opened the door and exclaimed "Mom!" My heart skipped a beat and I rushed to hug her and Lou and Fisher. I am so happy they are home!
2 comments:
I know I would totally miss my hubby and kids but I won't deny that I wouldn't mind a couple of days on my own sometime in the future....sounds kinda nice!
I feel your pain! Tyler is going to be gone for 4 months...October - January doing externships at different residency programs. YUCK!
Post a Comment