Sunday, April 29, 2012

Back to normal

Life pretty much returned to "normal" in April and I can't believe that the month is over. Where does time go?  Only three more weeks of school and only six until baby boy is due to make his appearance!  Here are a few things we have been up to...
Our cute girls Easter Sunday

Curly teaching her "pupils"
Ready for soccer - so fun to be on the same team
Inspired by mom, Curly and Lou have been playing "cooking club" lately.  They put on aprons and whip up all sorts of concoctions in the play kitchen.  One day we had real "cooking club" and we learned how to make tomato soup and cheese sandwiches.  They did a great job.  I figure this is excellent training, maybe they can make lunch all summer.
Cooking club girls

Berry was not so impressed by their skills - or maybe just tired

Berry loves dress-ups!
Fisher decided we better not delay a camping trip any longer - it is getting HOT!  So we headed 30 minutes north to Lake Pleasant.  The girls had a blast "wading" in the lake.  They were not quite so happy afterward when they were freezing in their sopping clothes.  We roasted hot dogs and s'mores and then Berry and I went home to sleep in our comfy beds and Fisher had a really good nights rest with two girls snuggled up to him :)
Add caption

So many treasures



Heading out in the kayak
Lou's preschool took a fieldtrip to Wildlife World Zoo.  Berry and I tagged a long.  Berry loves animals and was so excited.  She jabbered away happily at every animal we saw and "woofed" at anything with fur.  We are still working on differentiating between different animals.  She has "quack", "moo", "woof", "meow", and "oink" down.
Feeding birds at Wildlife World Zoo

Feeding the giraffes


Washing the van
Curly the bee for her school "Bugz" play

5 comments:

The Lovells said...

looks like lots of fun activities! I know it's probably too hot already there but I'm wishing for some warm weather. I'll give you a little of mine and you give me a little of yours :)

Ryanna said...

Camping..what fun! does the water not get warm? Your girls are so stick-en cute, I do wish sometime you lived closer, but understand you need to be where you are.

LAINA said...

Your girls are so cute and it sounds like your Europe trip was amazing! I am jealous. I am so excited for your family to welcome a little boy.

The Sullengers said...

Hopefully your last 6 weeks goes super fast!!

CL said...

Good for you for documenting the fun with your cute girls!