Fisher was at work and my sister was here hanging out with us. I found a little note from Fisher that basically said be ready to go at 1:00. Yay!! I love surprises so I showered, got dressed up, gave Kristi instructions (and tried to get more information out of her but she held firm), and waited anxiously. Finally Fisher arrived and we were off. First stop - a delicious lunch at Cafe Trio near Cottonwood Canyon. I had a fabulous club sandwich on panini - yum! Then we drove up the canyon. Based on the (bogus) clues Fisher had given me, I was pretty sure we were going to snowshoe up to Brighton Girls Camp (near Brighton ski resort) and when we pulled into the Brighton parking lot I knew that was the plan. Fisher got out to get the gear and when he opened the back I heard an "Uh Oh."
I replied, "What? You forgot the snow shoes?"
"Yup, forgot the snow shoes... but that's okay, I have skis!"
I was so excited! I use to ski all the time with my pal Ash and my family, but now I am lucky if I go once a year. Sneaky, sweet Fisher had rented telemark skis (even better) form campus rec and bought two night skiing passes for Brighton. It was a very fun evening (inspite of the scarey look on my face in the picture)!

We have had lots of snow this winter, probably the most I've ever seen of my five winters in Salt Lake. Apparently we can't get enough snow play here, so last weekend we headed up to my Grandpa's cabin near Swan Valley for more snow play. Here are some photos of that excursion and other activities.
Fisher's family came to the cabin with us. We had lots of fun sledding, snowmobiling, playing games and the Wii, eating...
The snow was so deep that Curly could hardly walk, but she loved it. She managed to dig that swing out and go for a ride (I think she had a little help from her aunt).
I had to put this picture in of Fisher and Lou. He seems to think our kids need abs of steel, so he does this little trick with them to develop their back and stomach muscles. I call it "The Mermaid" because they look like a mermaid on the front of a ship. Good thing he is going into physical therapy so he has someone other than babies to make exercise.

Curly picked out those sunglasses for herself and Lou. She thinks she is one cool cat and wears them all the time.
4 comments:
I love the sunglasses. I can't wait for Friday.
You have such a cute little family. I love the "mermaid". It's incredible how strong babies are! I also really like the headbands you have on "L". Where do you get them?
My husband does those same baby abs exercises with our kids! What a fun surprise to get to go skiing! I love seeing all your pictures and hearing about what's going on. You have such a good looking family!
I'll admit, I didn't get to read the whole post, but I did read enough to see that your are both romantic AND outgoing. :) Great date! Sounds like you had so much fun. We miss you guys and send our love.
Post a Comment