I have really enjoyed reading some of the thoughts and quotes that several of my friends have blogged from books that they are reading. I also wanted to share some of the thoughts I have enjoyed reading recently. This is from Jane's discussion about forgiveness with her friend Helen Burns.
"Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs. We are, and must be, one and all, burdened with faults of this world...with this creed, I can clearly distinguish between the criminal and his crime, I can so sincerely forgive the first while I abhor the last...revenge never worries my heart, degradation never too deeply disgusts me, injustice never crushes me too low; I live in calm, looking to the end."
This book is wonderful and the language is beautiful.
1 comment:
I haven't read Jane Eyre yet. Thanks for the little quote. :)
Post a Comment